The Facilities Engineer and Maintenance Manager reports to the VP of Operations and has primary responsibility for providing engineering and maintenance support to the Buford, Georgia campus. This role will oversee and support the maintenance and cyclotron work teams to support routine and non-routine facility and cyclotron (particle accelerator) equipment operations and maintenance tasks needed to support manufacturing operations within a medical device manufacturing facility.
This position will also serve as the facility environmental and safety officer and will be accountable for establishing, directing and maintaining the sites standards to ensure the health and safety of employees and organization compliance with applicable federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing the Maintenance and Cyclotron teams effectively, including but not limited to engineering activities, continuous improvement initiatives, capital project support, facilities security, facilities installation and maintenance activities, and general cleanliness and overall upkeep of the facilities
Oversee the structural, mechanical, electrical and environmental integrity of the facility
Oversee and support an on-going preventative maintenance program that includes:
Daily inspection of operating equipment including computerized control/monitoring systems for HVAC, fire protection/suppression equipment and security/access equipment, lighting, air handling units, water treatment systems, plumbing systems, telephone system installation, maintenance and programming, fire detection/alarm system maintenance, card key access system maintenance and programming
Maintenance and repair of major equipment including:
450-ton chiller packages, pumps from 10 to 100 HP, packaged evaporative cooling towers, air handlers with fans, cooling coils and electric heating coils, exhaust fans including HEPA filters, electrical switchgear and motor control centers, Mitel telephone system, Edwards/Siemens fire detection / alarm system and Northern Computer card reader access / security system, cyclotrons, cyclotron cooling, vacuum, electromagnetic, power, and RF systems
Preparation and administration of maintenance contracts covering:
Building janitorial services, site landscaping maintenance, pest control, maintenance of HVAC equipment not done “in-house”, water treatment, waste disposal (non-radioactive), painting and similar preventive maintenance, and small construction projects relating to improvements in operation of site
Preparation of work schedules and technician duty assignments. Manage on-call schedules for cyclotron and maintenance personnel. Evaluate, prioritize, and schedule maintenance repair requests to ensure timely completion of repair actions
Ability to be on-call and work nights and weekends as required.
Provides hands on technical support for inspection, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities of equipment and facilities.
Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems
Manage capital project work as required through suppliers and subcontracted services.
Responsible for writing project scopes of work, project drawings, updating records and all financial aspects for the project including budgeting for building system renovation, expansion, and improvements.
Maintain spare parts supply; review of manufacturers’ installation/operation/maintenance manuals to determine spare parts inventory, prepare bid documents, and get prices, award purchase orders
Review operating costs for electricity, natural gas, water, and other utilities; identify ways to reduce costs or make services more reliable
Responsible for hiring, training and annual review programs of staff.
Serves as the sites Emergency Response Coordinator
Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety and other relevant topics.
Ensure that all activities of the department comply with rules and requirements of the FDA, ISO, NRC/GADNR, OSHA, EPA, and other government agencies
- Bachelor’s in mechanical, electrical, or related technical degree (preferred) or ten (10) years of applicable directly related experience.
- Unrestricted, universal HVAC / refrigeration / EPA licenses required. (Class 2, 4, CFC)
- Seven (7) years of experience in the facilities engineering and maintenance; preferably in an FDA regulated manufacturing facility
- Additional certification including: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), and Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP), are desirable as well
- Supervision of trade employees.
Knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Experience/familiarity with beam generation, acceleration, focusing, steering, as well as RF power, and high vacuum preferred.
- Hardware, control systems and computerized control/monitoring related to wet fire water sprinkler systems and dry pre-action fire water sprinkler systems, “clean agent”
- Fire suppression systems for electrical and electronic installations
- Security/access system installations
- Telephone systems
- 300 Ton or higher capacity chiller packages, Trane central plant units
- Evaporative cooling towers
- Variable-speed pumps, fans, and their control systems.
- Water treatment systems for both water make-up and closed loop systems.
- Air handlers (fans, filters, chilled water-cooling coils)
- Installation/operation/maintenance manuals, electrical wiring diagrams, electrical schematic diagrams and drawings
- Electric heating coils used in HVAC duct systems and their controls (staged and SCR).
- Electrical distribution systems; 3Æ-480VAC, 3Æ-208VAC, 1Æ-120VAC power and control, low voltage control.
- Microsoft Office
- Siemens Insight or similar HVAC building management computerized control/monitoring system.
- Computerized preventive maintenance schedule systems.
- Programming Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
Most outside maintenance and installation jobs can be scheduled during appropriate weather conditions. Emergency outside work will be involved in all seasons and weather conditions, due to the physical layout, construction and location of work areas, incumbent must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding, etc.
This position has access to or may be exposed to confidential and propriety Company information. Therefore, a high level of confidentially must be maintained at all times with any Company information.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; the position description is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities of skills required for the position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this position at any time.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential position duty and responsibility. All position requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.